Acupuncture has been used by the Chinese for thousands of years. It is such an integral part of Traditional Chinese Medicine that many people rely on when they experience chronic pain or other types of discomfort. The validity of acupuncture has been questioned for years, but studies have been performed that prove it is truly effective for a wide variety of health conditionsRead More >
There’s a lot that goes into providing acupuncture treatment in Santa Rosa, but one of the most important aspects is education. At Acupuncture Mama, we’re passionate about our jobs and our calling, and we want to help reach out to more people and let them know what acupuncture has to offer.Read More >
Finding the right acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, much like searching for a chiropractor or massage therapist, is all about not only searching out the experience, and background of the professional, but discovering the right fit. What works for one person may not work for the next. Our Acupuncture Mama team highlights the importance of researching before settling in on an acupuncturist.Read More >
Acupuncture has long been used to improve overall health and treat illnesses. Among the many ailments, our acupuncture treatment in Santa Rosa can help with is your eyesight. Issues such as short sightedness, long sightedness, a lazy eye, color blindness, and other eye problems can be aided using acupuncture and acupressure treatments.
Our Acupuncture Mama team outlines the seven pressure points that can help relieve a multitude of eyesight issues.
- Around the Eyes: Many eye issues are caused by headaches or muscle stiffness in the shoulders, neck, or upper body. The pressure points around the eyes, when properly treated, help relieve these muscle ailments.
- The ‘Third Eye’: Is located at the top point of the nose and roughly between the eyebrows. When pressure is applied to this area eye strain symptoms can be reduced, and vision is improved.
- Near the Bridge of Your Nose: Located just under the eyebrow next to the bridge of your nose, pressure applied to this part of the face lessens eye strain, eye tiredness, and redness of the eyes.
- Nostril Points: Applying simultaneous pressure to the areas right next to both of your nostrils has notable effects on not only vision but also sinus health. Treatment to this area clears blurry vision, lessens headaches (which also affect sight), and also relieves sinus issues.
- The Edges of The Eyes: Note that this is the inner edge of the eye next to the bridge of your nose. Careful treatment of this area is required due to its proximity to the eye, however, when done correctly it relaxes eye muscles and clears vision.
- The Tip of Your Thumb: When pressure is applied to the tips of your thumbs neck muscles are relaxed and tension is released. As muscle ailments in the upper body can have a negative impact on vision improving your upper body health can also improve your eyesight.
- The Tip of Your Big Toe: One last area to consider for acupuncture treatment in Santa Rosa is the tip of your big toe. Despite being far away from your eyes treating this area helps improve blood flow which in turn improves vision.
Get Acupuncture Treatment Today
For more than 3,000 years, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has focused on restoring the body’s natural balances to promote good health and well-being, and what is menopause but an imbalance within the body? Acupuncture for menopause in Santa Rosa, such as offered at Acupuncture Mama, can help restore the balance.Read More >
In the simplest terms, acupuncture stimulates blood flow to targeted areas, allowing the sympathetic nervous system to turn off temporally, giving the body a chance to rest and heal. This process, when handled by a trained and experienced acupuncture therapist in Santa Rosa, provides many benefits.Read More >
Acupuncture has grown in popularity as more people become aware of its benefits. Here are just five reasons you should use your local acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, Acupuncture Mama.
Passion from an Early Age
Since she was a young child, Annette had a calling for the medical field. It was not until she came down with Bell’s Palsy at the age of 21 that she realized her calling was in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including acupuncture. A combination of Chinese Herbs and only two sessions of acupuncture cured her Bell’s Palsy and confirmed her passion. She now brings that passion to every session she has with her clients to ensure they receive the best care possible.
Education and Training
As with any type of medical practice, becoming an acupuncturist requires years of study, passing examinations, and becoming licensed. Annette of Acupuncture Mama, for example, earned her Master’s Degree from the Emperors College of Traditional Chinese Medicine where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
Certifications and Fellowships
To become an acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, students must pass California’s licensing exam after obtaining the proper education. From there they may sit for additional classes and exams to become certified. For Annette, that meant combining her passions for Traditional Chinese Medicine and woman’s health, allowing her to become a certified practitioner through the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM).
An Acupuncturist in Santa Rosa with Proven Results
The key to successful treatment using Traditional Chinese Medicine is to bring the whole being into balance using a combination of treatments, herbs, and lifestyle changes. When done properly, many people not only see relief from bothersome systems, but notice improvements in nearly every aspect of their wellbeing. For over ten years, first in San Diego and now in Santa Rosa, Annette has helped many people achieve better health using acupuncture and other treatments.
While Traditional Chinese Medicine is used to treat countless medical issues, Acupuncture Mama has used its passions to focus the practice on addressing common women’s health problems, such as:
- Fertility and Pregnancy
- Menstrual Disorders
- Hormonal Imbalances and Menopause
- Migraines and Headaches
When it comes to Acupuncture in Santa Rosa, you want experience and passion on your side. For more information, or to request an appointment, please contact Acupuncture Mama today!
Chinese herbal medicine, often used with other forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), has been utilized for thousands of years to help countless people live healthier lives. Here at Acupuncture Mama, we have dedicated ourselves to helping those in our community achieve balance and health using extensive knowledge regarding TCM.Read More >