Finding the right acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, much like searching for a chiropractor or massage therapist, is all about not only searching out the experience, and background of the professional, but discovering the right fit. What works for one person may not work for the next. Our Acupuncture Mama team highlights the importance of researching before settling in on an acupuncturist.Read More >
Acupuncture has long been used to improve overall health and treat illnesses. Among the many ailments, our acupuncture treatment in Santa Rosa can help with is your eyesight. Issues such as short sightedness, long sightedness, a lazy eye, color blindness, and other eye problems can be aided using acupuncture and acupressure treatments.
Our Acupuncture Mama team outlines the seven pressure points that can help relieve a multitude of eyesight issues.
- Around the Eyes: Many eye issues are caused by headaches or muscle stiffness in the shoulders, neck, or upper body. The pressure points around the eyes, when properly treated, help relieve these muscle ailments.
- The ‘Third Eye’: Is located at the top point of the nose and roughly between the eyebrows. When pressure is applied to this area eye strain symptoms can be reduced, and vision is improved.
- Near the Bridge of Your Nose: Located just under the eyebrow next to the bridge of your nose, pressure applied to this part of the face lessens eye strain, eye tiredness, and redness of the eyes.
- Nostril Points: Applying simultaneous pressure to the areas right next to both of your nostrils has notable effects on not only vision but also sinus health. Treatment to this area clears blurry vision, lessens headaches (which also affect sight), and also relieves sinus issues.
- The Edges of The Eyes: Note that this is the inner edge of the eye next to the bridge of your nose. Careful treatment of this area is required due to its proximity to the eye, however, when done correctly it relaxes eye muscles and clears vision.
- The Tip of Your Thumb: When pressure is applied to the tips of your thumbs neck muscles are relaxed and tension is released. As muscle ailments in the upper body can have a negative impact on vision improving your upper body health can also improve your eyesight.
- The Tip of Your Big Toe: One last area to consider for acupuncture treatment in Santa Rosa is the tip of your big toe. Despite being far away from your eyes treating this area helps improve blood flow which in turn improves vision.
Get Acupuncture Treatment Today
For more than 3,000 years, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has focused on restoring the body’s natural balances to promote good health and well-being, and what is menopause but an imbalance within the body? Acupuncture for menopause in Santa Rosa, such as offered at Acupuncture Mama, can help restore the balance.Read More >
In the simplest terms, acupuncture stimulates blood flow to targeted areas, allowing the sympathetic nervous system to turn off temporally, giving the body a chance to rest and heal. This process, when handled by a trained and experienced acupuncture therapist in Santa Rosa, provides many benefits.Read More >
Acupuncture has grown in popularity as more people become aware of its benefits. Here are just five reasons you should use your local acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, Acupuncture Mama.
Passion from an Early Age
Since she was a young child, Annette had a calling for the medical field. It was not until she came down with Bell’s Palsy at the age of 21 that she realized her calling was in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including acupuncture. A combination of Chinese Herbs and only two sessions of acupuncture cured her Bell’s Palsy and confirmed her passion. She now brings that passion to every session she has with her clients to ensure they receive the best care possible.
Education and Training
As with any type of medical practice, becoming an acupuncturist requires years of study, passing examinations, and becoming licensed. Annette of Acupuncture Mama, for example, earned her Master’s Degree from the Emperors College of Traditional Chinese Medicine where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
Certifications and Fellowships
To become an acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, students must pass California’s licensing exam after obtaining the proper education. From there they may sit for additional classes and exams to become certified. For Annette, that meant combining her passions for Traditional Chinese Medicine and woman’s health, allowing her to become a certified practitioner through the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM).
An Acupuncturist in Santa Rosa with Proven Results
The key to successful treatment using Traditional Chinese Medicine is to bring the whole being into balance using a combination of treatments, herbs, and lifestyle changes. When done properly, many people not only see relief from bothersome systems, but notice improvements in nearly every aspect of their wellbeing. For over ten years, first in San Diego and now in Santa Rosa, Annette has helped many people achieve better health using acupuncture and other treatments.
While Traditional Chinese Medicine is used to treat countless medical issues, Acupuncture Mama has used its passions to focus the practice on addressing common women’s health problems, such as:
- Fertility and Pregnancy
- Menstrual Disorders
- Hormonal Imbalances and Menopause
- Migraines and Headaches
When it comes to Acupuncture in Santa Rosa, you want experience and passion on your side. For more information, or to request an appointment, please contact Acupuncture Mama today!
Chinese herbal medicine, often used with other forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), has been utilized for thousands of years to help countless people live healthier lives. Here at Acupuncture Mama, we have dedicated ourselves to helping those in our community achieve balance and health using extensive knowledge regarding TCM.Read More >
For thousands of years, Chinese medicine has helped countless people reach better standard of health. Chinese herbal medicine in Santa Rosa is just one single, but powerful, aspect of the Traditional Chinese Medicine offered at Acupuncture Mama.
The Basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine
At its core, Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) focuses on restoring the body’s natural balance. Each individually designed treatment works with the energy of the body (Qi, Yin, Yang, Blood) to restore harmony within enhance and your connection to nature’s energy.
Practitioners believe that illness and disease are caused with the body’s Qi being blocked, depleted or otherwise unbalanced. By restoring the smooth flow throughout the body’s invisible meridian lines, TCM can reduce pain and other negative health symptoms.
Chinese Herbal Medicine in Santa Rosa
Herbal remedies have stood the test of time for thousands of years. In fact, many of the western medicine’s pharmaceuticals were originally derived from natural plant sources. Chinese herbal medicine uses plants and other natural products to supplement & restore the body’s own harmony.
There is a huge difference between western medicine and Chinese herbal medicine, in that Chinese medicine tailors treatment to the individual, and treats the root cause. TCM works in this way because symptoms are the manifestation of an imbalance; for example a running nose maybe the body trying to flush out a pathogen. In general, the Western approach, is of a uniform treatment for everyone with the same symptoms, irrespective of the cause.
Herbal Medicine Works in Tandem with Other Treatments
For best results, the practitioner will often recommend other treatments in addition to the personalized herbal remedies. These treatments may include:
- Acupuncture – Using tiny needles at key points on the body to help unblock the meridian and restore the flow of Qi.
- Cupping – Using special cups to create gentle suction on the skin to reduce pain, improve blood flow and encourage both detoxification and healing.
- Moxibustion (Moxa) – Integral to Acupuncture Mama’s services, Moxa uses a special blend of dried mug wort that is burned above key points on the body to stimulate the acupuncture points and circulation.
A Word of Caution Regarding Chinese Herbal Medicine in Santa Rosa
While naturally derived, herbal remedies can still cause what’s called a ‘Healing Crisis’ where changes that occur in the body whilst it is healing may cause other symptoms. Because of this, it is very important to have a full consultation with a professional before taking herbal medicines to ensure they are right for you. Trained professionals, such as Acupuncture Mama, have extensive training & experience regarding the safe application of herbal remedies.
To learn more, or to request an appointment to discuss using Chinese herbal Medicine in the Santa Rosa area, please contact Acupuncture Mama today at 707-303-7200.
Acupuncture is a science and art that has been used throughout the world for thousands of years. It’s a practice in which certain points of the body are stimulated using small needles in order to relieve disruptions in the body’s energy flow. If you’re interested in seeing an acupuncturist, you should visit the premier acupuncturist in Santa Rosa, Acupuncture Mama.Read More >